- Savant now employs nearly 70 Chicagoland employees; more than 210 total employees across the country
- Firm grows to $3.1 billion AUM in Chicago region; $8.5 billion nationally
- Savant is now one of the nation’s largest independent and privately owned fee-only firms
Savant Capital Management, a nationally recognized, fee-only wealth management firm, and Huber Financial Advisors, an independent wealth management firm headquartered in Lincolnshire, today announced their merger has finalized. This partnership is the latest in a string of Chicago-based deals completed by Savant since 2013.
Huber Financial will assume the Savant Capital Management name and branding. The combined firms are now one of the largest independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firms in Chicagoland, managing $3.1 billion in assets under management (AUM) in Chicagoland and $8.5 billion nationally. Its total number of employees has increased to approximately 210 with nearly 70 employees located in the Chicago market.
Savant and Huber Financial initially announced the pending merger, and since that time have worked to finalize details which include:
- Former owners of Huber Financial Advisors transitioned their equity into Savant; several will increase their stake over time.
- Eleven members of the former-Huber Financial team members became Savant employee owners at closing. Savant now has 68 employee owners and remains both employee-led and controlled. The firm has a broader employee ownership than nearly any other advisory firm in the industry.
- Members of the Huber Financial Advisors team have transitioned to advisory or leadership roles with Savant. David Huber, CFP®, founder of Huber Financial Advisors, now has an advisory role to Savant’s board of directors; Rob Morrison, CFP®, has become a member of Savant’s executive team as the chief strategy and innovation officer; and Phil Huber, CFA, CFP® is now Savant’s chief investment officer.
To read the entire press release, click here.